CHS BOX SCORE
Morrisville, NY – Joe Deveny and Tyson Bruceposted a goal and two assists and Sean Davidscored the game-winner with 29 seconds left in overtime as the SUNY Canton men's hockey team earned a 5-4 win at Morrisville State on Saturday night.
- Result: SUNY Canton 5 Morrisville State 4, OT
- Location: Ice Plex – Morrisville, NY
- Records: SUNY Canton (12-9-2) | Morrisville State (4-17-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Deveny set the NCAA D-III era program record for career goals with 33 breaking the previous record held by Josh Sova '18. Deveny was one of two Roos to record three points on the night.
- Tyson Bruce got the scoring started just 1:46 into the contest off the setup from Deveny and Connor Tuttle.
- Morrisville knotted the game at one at 7:39 of the second period when CJ Stubbs scored shorthanded.
- Deveny responded two minutes later with a power play goal off passes from Bruce and Kyler Matthews and Jake Mayette gave the Roos a 3-1 lead at 14:40 with helpers from Bruce and Deveny.
- Stubbs scored his second of the night with 4:33 left in the second as Canton held a 3-2 lead after two.
- Nick DeVito and Jesse Anderson tallied goals just over three minutes apart early in the third period to take their first lead of the game at 4-3.
- Routledge beat the opposing goaltender for the third time in his rookie season to tie the game at 4-4 at 5:03 of the third period. Zach Ahola and Luke Hincenbergs were credited with assists on the play.
- With just 29 ticks left on the clock in overtime David provided the heroics with his third goal in two nights v. the Mustangs and his team-leading ninth goal of the season. Routledge and Hincenbergs earned assists on the game-winning goal.
- Austin Washkurak made 16 saves in his second straight win, while Sal Stalteri turned aside 25 shots, including four in overtime in the loss.
The Roos close out their regular season with a home weekend series with Buffalo State on Friday and Saturday at 7:00 and 5:30 p.m., respectively.
@rooathletics | IG: rooathletics | FB: Roo Athletics
About SUNY Canton
SUNY Canton is Northern New York's premier college for career-driven bachelor's degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs. The college delivers quality hands-on programs in digital design, engineering technology, health, management and public service. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. As SUNY's leader in online education, SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as 16 online degree programs. The college placed first in 14 categories in a SUNY-Wide Student Opinion Survey, most notably in career services, tutoring, library resources, and classroom facilities. The college's 15 athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division III level as part of the North Atlantic Conference. For more information, visit www.canton.edu.