Stevenson 3, Nichols 0
Harrisville, R.I. – June Rockwell Levy Rink
Friday, December 4, 2015
All-Time Series & Streaks
The Bison have now dropped three consecutive games to the Mustangs after winning the first ever meeting on Halloween last season.
Three Stars of the Game
1 – Senior Jessie Capanelli (Lancaster, Pa.) (Stevenson) – two goals; 5 shots; (+2)
2 – Sophomore Chelsea Blackburn (Westland, Mich.) (Stevenson) – one goal; two assists; 5 shots; (+3); 10-15 on faceoffs
3 – Senior McKenzie Taggart (Centennial, Colo.) (Stevenson) – 2 assists; three shots; (+3)
Key Stat of the Game
The Mustangs outshot the Bison 39-14 for the game including 16-4 in the second period – the period in which Stevenson notched a pair of goals.
- Blackburn scored the first goal of the game – her 10th of the season – at 5:41 in the first period when she took a shot from an impossible angle that happened to find its way between the skate of freshman goaltender Cassandra Goyette (Norton, Mass.) and the goalpost. Taggart was credited with the assist.
- The Mustangs didn't score again until 13:30 of the second period when Capanelli was able to her first goal of the game before scoring again 3:27 later to make the score 3-0. Taggart and Blackburn had the assists on her first goal before Blackburn and sophomore Allie Bruns (Crystal Lake, Ill.) assisted on the last.
- Sophomore Laura Christie (Hudson, Mass.) paced the Bison with three shots while classmate Ariana Dembro (Saugus, Mass.) and junior Samantha DiReda (Shrewsbury, Mass.) had two each.
- Sophomore Monica Pozuc (Kent, Ohio) produced a game-high six shots to lead the Mustangs.
- Goyette took the loss after making 26 saves through two periods while sophomore Lindsay O'Connell (Danvers, Mass.) stopped 10 shots in the final stanza. Senior Sarah Modzelewski (Brighton, Mich.) got the shutout victory after making 14 saves for the Mustangs.
Nichols (1-9-0) – Saturday, December 5 vs Stevenson, 12:40 p.m.
Stevenson (8-0-1) – Saturday, December 5 at Nichols, 12:40 p.m.