BUFFALO, N.Y.— Plattsburgh tallied two second-period goals and held a 29-25 shots advantage for the game to hand host Buffalo State a 4-0 defeat in tonight's SUNYAC contest in the Ice Arena.
FINAL SCORE: Plattsburgh – 4, Buffalo State – 0
LOCATION: Ice Arena - Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Plattsburgh (9-11-2/7-5-1), Buffalo State (10-9-2/7-5-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Plattsburgh outshot the Bengals 12-6 in the opening frame and were rewarded with a goal at the 14:21 mark to take a 1-0 lead into the first intermission.
- The Cardinals doubled their lead with a marker only 1:01 into the second stanza, just four seconds after Buffalo State killed a power-play opportunity held over from the first period.
- The Bengals shifted momentum slightly in the second period by outshooting Plattsburgh 8-7 but could not chip into the deficit as the Cardinals added an unassisted goal at the 6:41 mark of the frame to extend their lead to 3-0 at the final intermission.
- Plattsburgh closed out its scoring with an empty-net goal with 3:12 left in the contest.
- Connor Minch (Manchester/Manchester) finished with 25 saves in net for the Bengals.
- Buffalo State finished 0 of 3 with an extra attacker, while Plattsburgh finished 0 of 5.
FOR THE FOES
- Ross Sloan, Daniil Ovchinnikov, Matt Araujo and Ian Wallgren all scored for the Cardinals.
- Jimmy Poreda stopped all 25 shots he faced in the win.
Buffalo State will look to salvage a weekend split as it hosts Potsdam tomorrow at 7 p.m. to cap off the program's alumni day festivities.