BEVERLY, Mass. – The Endicott women's ice hockey team scored all four of its goals in the third period to defeat Becker, 4-0, in a conference matchup on Saturday afternoon at Raymond J. Bourque Arena.
Sophomore forward Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) scored a pair of goals, including the first tally in the four-goal third period scoring barrage, to lead the Gulls offensively. Michaela McNamara (Warwick, R.I.) and Jade Meier (Fairbanks, Alaska) also added their first career goals, which were sandwiched in between Perry's final marker at 12:29.
Vendela Jonsson (Linkoping, Sweden) turned away 12 shots to record her 10th shutout of her career, while Madison Rigsby (O'Fallon, Mo.) made a career-high 61 saves in the loss.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Endicott is 3-0-0 in the all-time series against Becker, and have outscored Hawks by an 8-1 margin in all three matchups, combined.
- McNamara picked up her third assist of the season on Perry's first goal of the day.
- Lexi Klein (Shoreview, Minn.) finished with two assists, and two blocked shots (tied team-high).
- Perry and Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn.) registered a +3 rating in the win.
- Carter also blocked one shot for the Gulls.
- Endicott hasn't given up a goal in its last 132:12 of play (counting back to Johnson & Wales on 11/4).
FOR THE FOES
- Rigsby compiled 15 saves in the first, 21 in the second, and 25 in the third.
- Bailey Coons (Casper, Wyo.), Catherine McShera (Marston Mills, Mass.), Madison Maloney (Clovis, Calif.), and Nikolle Storey (Cumberland, Maine) all blocked a game-high three shots, each.
Endicott (4-0-0, 3-0-0 CHC) travels to Becker (1-4-0, 0-3-0 CHC) tomorrow to wrap up a home-and-home series with the Hawks in Marlborough, Mass. at the New England Sports Center at 7:40 PM.