St. Thomas Women's Hockey won the battle of top-10 ranked teams Wednesday night in Mendota Heights. The No. 7-ranked Tommies erased 1-0 deficit to edge No. 4-ranked UW-Falls, 3-1, and remain unbeaten on the season at 11-0.
Senior Kenzie Torpy stopped 22 of 23 shots and Allison Parnell and Maddy Fiedler scored the tying and go-ahead goals in the second period to lead St. Thomas' comeback win. The Falcons (10-2) scored 92 seconds into the game but were shut down the rest of the contest. They had a 10-game season win streak halted.
Shae McLean secured the win in the final 30 seconds with an empty-net goal for the Toms, who had only one penalty and killed off that power play.
- let St. Thomas tie a program record for best start at 11-0;
- ended the Purple's six-game losing streak to the Falcons;
- extended St. Thomas' NCAA-best unbeaten streak to 24 (19-0-5);
- extended its home unbeaten streak to 13 (11-0-2);
- ended UWRF's 10-game win streak against MIAC teams;
- let Torpy reach 55 career wins, second most in MIAC history;
- made it 11 consecutive games that St. Thomas has allowed two or less goals.
Just 12 seconds into a power play as the second period was about to end, Fiedler flipped the puck from behind the net and it caromed off the goalie's back for what proved to be the winning goal.
The Toms are off for final exams and the holidays and return to play Jan. 5 at home against St. Scholastica.