PLATTSBURGH, N.Y.—Nationally No. 1/2-ranked Plattsburgh tallied three power-play goals to hand visiting Buffalo State a 6-0 defeat to close out the NEWHL weekend set today in the Stafford Arena.
FINAL SCORE: #1/2 Plattsburgh – 6, Buffalo State – 0
LOCATION: Stafford Arena – Plattsburgh, N.Y.
RECORDS: #1/2 Plattsburgh (13-2-0, 8-0-0 NEWHL), Buffalo State (5-8-2, 2-5-1 NEWHL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) made 53 saves to record her second game with over 50 saves in as many games.
- The Cardinals opened the scoring with a goal just 2:09 into the contest and tacked on two more before the first intermission, including a power-play goal, to take a 3-0 lead after 20 minutes of action.
- Plattsburgh netted two more goals in the second frame to extend the lead to 5-0 and capped of its scoring with a power-play marker in the final stanza.
- The Cardinals finished with a 59-16 shots on goal advantage in the contest.
- Buffalo State finished 0 of 3 with an extra attacker while Plattsburgh finished 3 of 5.
FOR THE FOES
- Annie Katonka led Plattsburgh with two goals, while Nicole Unsworth chipped in a goal and three assists.
- Ashley Davis and Kassi Abbott shared time in net for the Cardinals, registering 12 saves and four saves respectively.
Buffalo State returns to the Ice Arena for the first time since Dec. 8 as it hosts Potsdam in a two-game NEWHL weekend series starting on Friday at 7 p.m.